The Angamaly First Class Judicial Magistrate's court denied bail to the actor on Saturday citing the seriousness of the charges slapped on him. When asked by the judge, Dileep maintained that he had no complaints against the police.
The court had already heard the arguments of both prosecution and defence on the bail plea moved by the actor the other day and posted it for further proceedings on Saturday. He reportedly smiled and said no. Read Also: Malayalam actress abduction case: Actor Dileep's police custody extended till tomorrow Two cellphones apparently used by Dileep were submitted before the court in a sealed cover. The actor appeared calm after hearing the court order but did not respond to mediapersons' questions. The prosecution argued that the actor might erase the evidence if he gets bail. The actress was attacked by the gang, led by prime accused Pulsar Suni, on February 17.More news: Agency says OPEC compliance with output cut fell in June
Initially the court had remanded the actor to 14 days judicial custody. We have all the sufficient records and evidence with us in the case, Special Prosecutor A Sureshan told reporters, the report added.
Police in its remand report had claimed that Dileep had developed a grudge against the actress for letting his former wife know about his alleged affairs and hatched a conspiracy to take revenge way back in 2013.More news: 1 of 3 victims in shooting is suspect's ex-wife
The police made a decision to arrest Dileep based on 19 pieces of evidence that they were able to gather in connection with the abduction of the young actress on 17 February when she was travelling from Thrissur to Kochi by road.More news: Trump Promises Poland Its Energy Independence From Russia